Categories and fees
The VNCA Bylaws set out the requirements for applicants in each category of membership. The categories are:
- Full members
- Associate members
- Student Members
Please note that, from 18 March 2019, applications will also be accepted for the AVNAT Registration Scheme. Recognition under the Scheme can be secured with VNCA membership or as a non-member.
|Category||Ex. GST||Inc. GST|
|Full VNCA membership, 1 year||$ 115.00||$ 126.50|
|Full VNCA membership plus AVNAT registration (either RVN or RVT), 1 year||$ 185.00||$ 203.50|
|Associate VNCA membership, 1 year||$ 115.00||$ 126.50|
|Student VNCA membership, 1 year||$ 75.00||$ 82.50|
|Student VNCA membership plus AVNAT listing (either SVN or SVT), 1 year||$ 110.00||$ 121.00|
|Life VNCA membership plus AVNAT registration (RVN or RVT), 1 year||$ 70.00||$ 77.00|
|Non-members - AVNAT registration (RVN or RVT), 1 year||$ 140.00||$ 154.00|
|Non-members - AVNAT lsting (SVN or SVT), 1 year||$ 70.00||$ 77.00|
Please note -
- From March 2019 the VNCA no longer offers 3-year memberships
- Clinic discounts apply to VNCA membership only (NOT AVNAT fees) where 3 or more are included in one transaction - contact the VNCA National Office via firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
- Individuals seeking to be recognised under two classes of the AVNAT Registration Scheme - i.e. Registered Veterinary Nurse and Registered Veterinary Technician OR Student Veterinary Nurse and Student Veterinary Technician - will need to contact the VNCA National Office via email@example.com to apply
- The annual cycle for all categories of membership and AVNAT fees is 1 July to 30 June.
- If you join between 1 May and 30 October annually, you will pay 100% of the prescribed fee and receive between 14 and 9 months of membership - ie. be financial until 30 June the following year
- If you join between 1 November and 30 April, you will pay 50% of the prescribed fee and be financial until the next 30 June.
Available to Veterinary Nurses who have completed the National Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent - see recognised qualifications.
|Available to Veterinary Nurses who have not completed the National Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent - see recognised qualifications.|
Available to applicants who can provide proof of current enrolment in one of:
- Life Members - appointed
- Honorary Members - appointed
- Supporter Members
- International Members
- Non-practising Members.
Supporter Members: Corporate
Available to corporations or institutions which support the objectives of the VNCA and are concerned with or have an interest in the veterinary nursing or associated fields. Contact the VNCA Executive Officer on 03 9586 6022 for the full range of Corporate Member Benefits.
- 1 year from joining/renewing date, cost of $1,500.00 (includes GST)