Become an Accredited Veterinary Nurse
Criteria for Initial Application
Applicants are required to present evidence of the following:
- A completed Application Form including payment of the fee - application fee is non-refundable
- A declaration from the employer stating that the applicant is currently working at Certificate IV Level and that at least 12 months have passed since graduating Certificate IV Veterinary Nurse
- Veterinary nurses with a qualification prior to the Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing, who have completed an upgrade or have undergone the Recognition of Prior Learning process to obtain a Certificate IV, will have the 12 month waiting period waived provided they have been working at Certificate IV level for the past 12 months. A copy of the original and new certificates must be provided.
- Membership of the Veterinary Nurses’ Council of Australia Inc.
- Copy of the Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent qualification)
- Continuing professional development in the previous 12 month period accumulating no less than 30 points, detailed on the AVN Accreditation Evidence Form, to be allocated as follows:
What happens next?
- Complete the application form and submit to the VNCA National Office with all supporting documentation and payment of non-refundable fees. Either post to VNCA National Office, PO Box 7345 Beaumaris VIC 3193, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to keep a copy for your records
- You will receive acknowledgement of receipt via email, including a Tax Invoice/Receipt
- You will also receive an indication of when the next meeting of NIAG is being held as this is when you application will be reviewed.
- Within two weeks of each scheduled meeting, you will be notified of the outcome of your application.