|WHAT IS VETERINARY NURSES DAY?
- VN Day is a VNCA initiative to raise awareness of the importance of veterinary nurses to both the public and to the veterinary industry
- It is a day to celebrate and recognise the contributions of veterinary nurses to the Australian veterinary team
THE AIMS ARE:
- To educate the public about this vital member of the veterinary medical team
- To reinforce the value and professionalism of veterinary nurses to veterinarians and the public
- To provide an opportunity for veterinary nurses to acknowledge one another for excellent performance in their work
WHEN IS IT?
HOW DO I CELEBRATE IT?
- Decorate your practice with the posters and banner provided by the VNCA to bring it to the attention of the public
- Use Vet Nurse Day as an opportunity to showcase your facilities and services by holding an open day or hospital tours in which nurses are featured
- Individual nurses could go into the community, schools, nursing homes, pet clubs etc and talk about their work
- Nurses could receive accolades from their employers with a celebration, reward or specific acknowledgement to clients
- Nurses run specific displays or seminars in-practice to highlight the many roles they perform – team consulting, weight loss and puppy socialisation programmes, microchip implanting, radiography, surgical and clinical support etc.
- Utilise provided press release & contact local media (eg radio & newspapers) to highlight the role of veterinary nurses to the public